Global Water Trends 2021: the transformation of the water industry is here
In 2021, digital transformation will be essential to successfully face the future.
In the light of the current challenges, this year’s trends are geared towards continuing to ensure water and sanitation services, and to increase their sustainability and efficiency.
To reach this objective, the water industry will be focusing on sensor technology, data integration, automated decision-making, and the remote control of infrastructure and work in the field.
Check out how technology is set to reshape wastewater treatment plants, water purification plants, leak detection, farming and team management as we know them today.
In the Global Water Trends 2021 ebook, our experts share their views on the future transformation of the water industry:
- Remote, digital water management, supported by specialized teams. Teresa Martín, Water Operations Specialist.
- Centralized, autonomous control of DWTPs. Miren Aldecoa, Water Treatment & Desalination Consultant.
- Data analysis, sensors and communications in leak detection. Josep Reguart, Leaks Specialist.
- Smart irrigation and smart meters set to transform the farming industry. Begoña Tarrazona, Irrigations Consultant.
- How 5G can help to manage water service infrastructure. Carlos Tejedor, Instrumentation & Smart Metering Specialist.
- Automatic, preemptive and sustainable decisions in WWTPs. Jacobo Illueca, Wastewater Consultant.